REEC, Cedrick The Entertainer & Patti Labelle To Host Upcoming Diabetes Expo to be held on Saturday, November 22nd at the Cobb Galleria, Atlanta, GA. The Expo is a free event for the community. There will be numerous exhibits, free health screenings, cooking demonstrations, activities for all ages, and so much more! HOT 107.9’s REEC, Comedian Cedric the Entertainer and Songstress and legendary performer Patti LaBelle will be gracing our main stage to help further The American Diabetes Association mission of bringing awareness to diabetes.
While you are there, be sure to visit all the areas of EXPO including the:
- Main Stage — Visit our Main Stage to hear health professionals address topics on living well with diabetes.
- Healthy Cooking Stage — Enjoy FREE cooking demonstrations featuring budget-friendly recipes that will keep you on track to manage or prevent diabetes.
- Family Fun Area — A fun, interactive area for children living with diabetes and their families to learn about diabetes resources.
- Active Living Area — Wear comfortable clothing and join in the fun – from Zumba to exercise demos, attendees will learn easy ways to add activity to their daily lives.
- Por Tu Familia — Spanish-language presentations, workshops and diabetes resources provided by bilingual speakers. Get the information you need here!
- FREE Health Screenings — Screenings are available from third-party organizations, while supplies last so come early!
- Blood Gluccose
- Blood pressure
- Dental screenings
- Flu Shots — For the Atlanta EXPO, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia (BCBSGa) will offer no cost flu shots to State Health Benefit Plan members, retirees and their covered dependents (13 years of age and older), in the EXPO’s Health Screenings area, when they present their member ID card. Visit our appointment scheduling site at www.SHBPFlushot.bioiq.com to reserve your time slot in advance or simply visit our table on the day of the event. See you there and don’t forget your member ID card! BCBSGa is a proud supporter of the American Diabetes Association.
– See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/in-my-community/diabetes-expos/atlanta/#sthash.yV9XIIPG.dpuf